I think it is apropos as most of us are gearing up to celebrate Thanksgiving. What better way to embrace thankfulness for all the abundance in our lives than to release that quiet fear of losing it all or never having enough. The Fear of Lack can linger and haunt us as we shop, travel, and plan for the holidays, but let’s face it. The Fear of Lack is a year long battle for many of us, certainly in our collective Mindset.
However, if you have conditioned your mind to harbor only abundance-thinking and your spirit to produce only grateful vibes, then the following message isn’t for you. Congrats!! Power on, wise one!
For the rest of us, let’s explore how the Fear of Lack can limit our joyfulness and more importantly, what we can do to bust it.
Suppose artists, writers, and musicians suddenly believed that everything has been expressed already? What if they thought, “what’s the point of trying to create anything new? Nothing is original. There are only so many words, music notes, and colors. It’s all used up. Why bother?”
Can you imagine a world without new art, books, or music? I know I can’t!
As long as we have written history there is evidence of art, literature, and music, right? For thousands of years, humankind has used creative expression through many of the same words, notes, and colors and still we have ongoing appreciation for what was, what is, and what shall be. We trust that art, literature, and music will go on as long as we live. We have faith that the creative flow will never run out. Now, if you are an artist, writer, or musician you may have a personal fear that YOUR creative ideas will cease but you don’t fear that Creativity will end.
By the way, if any of you do have that individual fear, I invite you to release the concern of being original or unique. Release the concern of what happens after you’ve created your desire, such as what kind of money will it bring, will anyone like it, how will you market it? Eliminate all of those questions from your mind and simply tap into that Divine place, the Higher part of you, the one that allows the flow of creativity to be fun and effortless, the one that types the words, leads the paintbrush, and identifies the chords for you. And Enjoy!! The worldneeds your creative expression, the version that only YOU can give us!
What limiting beliefs do you have? Let’s investigate some common ones…
1. I can’t be spiritual if I’m wealthy.
2. If God wanted me to have it, I would.
3. My parents always struggled with money and I will too.
4. If I am suddenly rich, I will feel guilty because everyone else I know lives paycheck to paycheck.
5. Minorities can never get ahead.
6.If I had more money, I would donate to _______, but I don’t so I won’t.
7. Rich people are greedy.
8. If I had a lot of money, I’d always have people asking for it.
9. The economy keeps getting worse.
10. I’m not good with money.
Do any of these sound familiar? I want you to be very aware of your mindsets. Give this some focused attention. Write down what your limiting beliefs are and perhaps what you learned about money from your parents. Also, it is very important to understand that your subconscious thoughts override what you say you want. For example, if you say I really want a great paying job but your limiting belief is that “no one is hiring because of this bad economy.” How soon do you think that “great paying job” is going to be available to you?
I want to touch on #2.
When we are connected to our Divine Self, we KNOW there are no limits. There is nothing to worry about. There is only abundance. Boundless, infinite abundance.
As I mentioned earlier, what you think and believe is what you experience. God can only do FOR you what God can do THROUGH you. It is the only way. God is not a separate entity deciding your fate. You are deciding your fate by the thoughts, beliefs, and actions you choose. Your life is your responsibility.
If you are clinching your hands on your money, how can you receive more? A closed hand can not receive. AND if you are passively sitting, waiting, and hoping for something fabulous to happen, all the while you are doubting its possibility or you are questioning your worthiness or you are relying on God hand deliver it, then you might as well forget about your chances for that fabulous outcome. Passivity, Fear, Doubt, Worry, Unworthiness, Self-Pity, Guilt, & Blame are blockers that keep you from being in the mode for attracting and receiving anything desirable.
You will create amazing results with positive thinking and faithful action.
The more you give of yourself and your resources, including money, in faith and love, the more you receive. It is divine law. I believe, the true importance of tithing, donating to charity or other causes, generous tipping, and volunteering your time or services is because it is a true demonstration of faith that no matter how much you give, you know there will always be more than enough for you.
B.E.S.T. (Bold. Eternal. Sacred. True) Insights:
1. The next time you hold your money, take a moment to really look at it and remember the powerful words: “In God We Trust.”
2. As you pay your bills, purchase Christmas gifts, donate money to charity, save for the future, etc. say to yourself something like this (please reword it to your liking):
I trust in God all of my transactions, decisions, and experiences.
Again, this is not a blind, “obedient” faith, I’m speaking of. I’m referring to a mindful, deliberate faith, one in which you align with your best self, you turn on your inner Divine Light, and claim what is already yours.
“Ask and it shall be given to you; seek and you shall find; knock and the door shall be opened unto you; for everyone that asketh, receiveth, and he that seeketh findeth and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.” Matthew 7: 7,8
Therefore: asking=receiving. seeking=finding. knocking=opening. If this isn’t so in your life, then how are you getting in your own way???
3. Should the Fear of Lack creep in, make a mental or verbal affirmation such as:
I am rich and secure always because I am a spiritual being and the ever-abundant Divine is within me.
4. Donate an amount of money that stretches you and rejoice because you can! YAY!
5. This concept is of supreme importance. Your wealth has nothing to do with money. The amount of money in your bank account has nothing to do with anything outside of yourself. Not the economy. Not where you live. Not who you know. Not what happened to you in the past. Not even your skill set. The abundance in your life, including the amount of money you have, is an inside job. It is YOUR mindset. I can’t tell you exactly what you need to do to shift your mindset from “broke” to “rich” or from “lack” to “plentiful,” without working with you one-on-one. BUT I can tell you that if you don’t like the numbers in your bank account, spend some time addressing the Fear of Lack in your life and introduce him to Faith and Love.
I hope you have found this helpful! If you know someone who would be interested in receiving this newsletter, please encourage him/her to sign up!
I wish you the happiest of Thanksgivings! Next week, we’ll discuss another biggie: Fear of Failure. Cheers!